We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Luminaries create an enchanting glow at dusk along a garden path or atop a picnic table. Here's how to turn an old sap bucket into a delightful source of light:
MATERIALS AND TOOLS Available on Amazon
- Drill with 1/8inch metal drill bit
- Pillar candle or batteryoperated votive
1. Mark dots in a sun or starburst pattern on a piece of paper.
2. Tape a piece a saral paper to the sap bucket. Tape the dot pattern over the saral paper. Use a pencil to mark over the existing dots and transfer the pattern onto the bucket. Remove the pattern and saral paper and retrace any dot that can't be seen clearly. Repeat this process on the other side of the bucket.
3. Place the bucket on its side on a bed of sand or soft earth. Wearing safety goggles, drill holes through each of the marks.
4. Place a pillar candle or battery-operated votive inside the bucket.
Photos courtesy: (top) 52 Weekend Decorating Projects; (bottom) Fine Gardening
Want more How To? Browse all projects in 30 Days of Easy Summer DIY